We are looking for a professional who has an exploring mind with excellent writing and presentation skills — a spontaneous leader to take on responsibilities of Head of Strategic Finance with an international organization having a country office in Bangladesh. Working closely with the Executive Director of the INGO, the Head of Strategic Finance is required to mobilize resources, develop business strategies, manage organizational finance and capacitate in-house team to meet resource requirements. S/he will have an engaging relationship with institutional, foundations and corporate donors and with government entities.
Sustainability Strategy and Business Development
- Develop sustainability Strategy and hold this strategy to realize the strategic directions
- Manage the fund-raising tracker, strive to realize the fund-raising goals and update the tracker periodically
- Analyze different donors’ prospects, their priorities that align with strategic goal; to produce extensive institutional donor profiles;
- Evaluate prospects for corporate, foundation, and government resources and foster relationships with them
- Explore funding, partnership and collaboration opportunities and bring it to the attention of the Management team
- Develop concept note, project proposals and business strategies for the growth of the organization
Management of Financial Accounting and Budgeting
- Ensures the Financial Manual and the Procurement Manual are adhered in the day-to-day operations of the financial, accounting and procurement activities
- Provides supports to the Finance Team to ensure timely & accurate recording of transactions in the financial accounting package (tally), timely & accurate collection of costs & accurate budgeting, periodic budget expenses comparison reports and treasury management
- Provides supports to the Finance teams in Treasury management, Monitor the Bank Reconciliation Statement on a periodic basis, Manages & keep in safe custody the online Banking information & keys; Managing the required liquidity in Bank and Liaising with Banks
- Acts as the point person for co-ordination of conducting audits in the Finance function and provides clarifications/responses to audit queries.
- Explore possibilities of partnerships with Public and Private entities and maintain a potential partnership data-base
- Realize partnerships on the purposes of Brand Visibility, maximizing content Reach and earn revenue for organization’s sustainability
- Develop partnership with business entities for product licensing and with publishers for book publishing,
- Develop partnership with event management organizations for promotional activities and fair
- Explore possibilities of partnership with theme-parks
Legal and Compliance
- Take initiatives for making Operations in Bangladesh is fully complied with the law of the land
- If needed explore the possibilities of realizing legal entity currently registered with NGOAB
- Ensure donor compliances in Operations and Program implementation, particularly of the USAID Bangladesh
- Closely work with Finance and Admin team to ensure all compliance related reporting to government and donors are maintained
- Closely work with Finance Team to make sure NGOAB compliances are met for implementing projects
Reporting and Documentation
- Develop and maintain a reporting calendar for and ensure all required reports are prepared, reviewed and received internal approval before timely submission to the respective organizations including government of Bangladesh, Donor Agencies and Head Quarter
- Close work with Finance, Admin, Production, Program, Content and Creative and Partnership department for making the information produced in the reports and accurate and up to date
- Ensure all reports are produced in time (as per agreement with donor) and as per the requirements of the donors
- Academic Education: A bachelor’s degree on Business/ Finance/ Strategy and/or development.
- Professional degree: A professional degree at post-graduation level is highly preferred.
- Computer literacy: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Tally and SPSS
- Language Proficiency: Advanced level English and Bangla
- Minimum Eight years of relevant experience, preferably in business, start-ups. Experience of working with business entities, donor agencies, multi-national companies and government is required.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience of directly working on USAID grants.
- Experience of working in not for profit sector with deep knowledge of NGOAB provisions, NBR regulations & other applicable regulations like Anti Money laundering Act, Anti-Terrorism Act etc.
- Advanced skills on budgeting, recording & reporting.
- Thorough understanding of financial accounting, reporting and financial management processes
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, financial troubleshooting and audit experience
- An outgoing and exploring mind
- Natural presenter
- Spontaneous leader
- Result oriented
- Team player
- Excellent writer