The Embassy of Sweden in Dhaka is seeking a candidate for the position as Programme Officer for its Private Sector Development Programme at the Section for Development Cooperation. The Embassy has a staff of more than thirty persons out of which 11 works within the Section for Development Cooperation. The Embassy is representing the Swedish International Development Agency (Sida) in Bangladesh.
The country strategy 2014-2020 guides the Swedish development cooperation in Bangladesh. One of the sub-objectives is on promoting inclusive growth with a focus on improving women’s opportunities to participate on the labor market. For information about the Embassy, visit: www.swedenabroad.se/en/embassies/bangladesh-dhaka/
The main task of the Programme Officer will be the responsibility for initiating, managing and following up Swedish funded projects and programmes related to market development, women’s economic empowerment and private sector engagement. In addition, tasks also include developing the project portfolio, following trends and promoting cooperation with other relevant actors within the area of responsibility. The position has a probation period of six months.
Main job responsibilities
- Initiating, managing and following up programmes related to market development, women’s economic empowerment and private sector engagement. This also includes administration, financial planning and follow-up as well as working in Sida’s web-based project management systems.
- Establishing and maintaining close cooperation with development partners such as government authorities and institu- tions, donors, multilateral organizations, NGOs, and the private sector.
- Participating in relevant donor coordination working groups, task forces and consortium meetings within the area of responsibility.
- Monitoring, analyzing and documentation of trends and method development related to the area of responsibility.
- Liaising with Sida in Stockholm and other market development staff at Swedish Embassies all over the world.
- Contributing to the Embassy policy dialogue and communication work linked to the area of responsibility.
- Collaborating with the Commercial and Political Section at the Embassy with the promotion and development of business opportunities in Bangladesh for Swedish companies.
- Contributing with descriptive and analytical inputs to reports, work plans, guidelines, strategies, etc. prepared by the Embassy.
- Handling ‘Loans & Guaranties’ as an instrument to complement grant financing.
Professional and personal qualifications
- At least Master’s degree in economics or business administration.
- Documented experience of working with women’s economic empowerment.
- A minimum of eight years´ experience of working in the development cooperation sector and good experience of assessment, monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- A minimum of four years´ experience of working with market development.
- Knowledge about, and experience from work with, a market systems development approach is an important desirable qualification
- Experience of handling ‘Loans & Guaranties’ as an instrument for Development Cooperation.
- Ability to initiate and work independently, as well as a capacity to meet deadlines with a high level of quality & accuracy.
- Strong analytical and report writing competence and capacity.
- Proficient user in understanding, speaking and writing English as per the C1 level in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Excellent IT skills, especially MS Office.
- Excellent communication and social skills.
To take advantage of this career opportunity, email your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter (within 400 words), a detailed résumé and at least two references by 23 July 2019.
Receipt of application will not be acknowledged. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview