A leading export-oriented garment and textile manufacturer in Bangladesh is looking for potential, self-driven, highly deserving individuals for the position of senior/executive for its garments Chemical Stores. This position has the responsibility to ensure safe chemical store management according to chemical risk assessment and chemical management guidelines (REACH and ZDHC.BSCI. ISO, BOND, BLUESIGN) and in compliance with EHS protocols.
- Plan according to requisition and budget, monitor and document/maintain receivables and issuance of materials – physically as well as in SAP software and prescribed inventory system
- Prepare daily and monthly statements of raw materials, stock report for departments
- Maintain minimum inventory level, raw material stock status, input-output status and monitor proper delivery schedule
- Maintain storage segregation of hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals
- Follow-up on chemical MSDS & other safety measures are displayed and accessible in the storage areas at all times and while handling chemicals as per (REACH ZDHC.BSCI. ISO BOND RSL MRSL ETAD OEKO TEX BLUE SIGN) and EHS compliance requirements
- Maintain stock accuracy according to FIFO & LIFO, expiry date, secondary containment, lab dip issues for dyes and chemicals
- Ensure upkeep of the store area and ensure safety and security in compliance of 5s
- Conduct an internal chemical audit and prepare audit report, take corrective and preventive action plan (C-PAP) as per internal and buyers audit report
- Ensure safe chemical disposal as per ETP and WTP protocols
- Ensure smooth transfer within the designated area or from main warehouse to sub-stores whenever required
- Experience: Minimum 8 years experience in relevant field in similar industry
- Education: Minimum B.Sc., graduate in Chemistry preferred from a reputed university
- Application deadline: 3rd January 2021
- Apply to email@example.com with subject line ‘Chemical Store’ and attach your Resume
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews
A renowned footwear company in Bangladesh is looking for a Manager, Industrial Engineering (IE). The Job role requires to design efficient production layouts & processes for increased productivity, waste elimination, cost reduction with quality standards, minimum cycle times & effective utilization of inventory
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance of the production.
- Developing, reviewing & updating the Factory Operational Workflow to optimize the manufacturing operations & Department-wise Process flow.
- Establish standard minute value (SMV) in all the production process with accuracy for ensuring utmost quality of the products and on time production.
- Analyze workforce assignment, facility layout and operational data to determine efficient utilization of employees & equipment and recommend methods for improving worker efficiency and reduce wastage.
- Drive continuous improvement activities in quality, cycle times, process improvement, machine availability to enhance the capability of existing processes and remove waste
- Define the KPI as per annual operational plan and correspondingly allocate the components to respective team members so as to plan, execute and achieve the desired results on-time.
- Ensure the PP Department has the Right Capacity, Right Talent, Right SOP (Process Manual) to remain fully functional
- Identify and manage bottlenecks and capacity issues with the Production Management team, co-ordinate internally and externally the resolution of the issues.
- Maintain a valid capacity requirement plan that supports the master production schedule while maintaining Production work in progress (WIP) inventory within budget and time-line.
- Lead and develop the team in order to ensure their competencies & capabilities reach the business goals and expectations.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Industrial Engineering (IE) / Production & Industrial Engineering (P&IE)/ Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in managing the IE function along with in depth knowledge in Lean Management, Six Sigma in Automobile, FMCG and or Fashion Industry
- Preferably at 5 years of experience in shop-floor manufacturing/production function
- Email your CV and cover letter as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 October 2020
- Please mention Manager, IE in the subject line
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted