The Embassy of Sweden in Dhaka is offering an exciting international work environment and looking for candidates who would be able to take up the challenging task as Communications officer for its Political and Trade section. Out of a total staff of over thirty, three are working at the Political and Trade Section. For more information about the embassy, please visit our website www.swedenabroad.se/dhaka and Embassy of Sweden in Dhaka on Facebook.
The main task of the Communication Officer will be the responsibility for the embassy’s external communication, through social and traditional media, and for promoting the brand of Sweden in Bangladesh by organizing promotional activities and information campaigns. The Communication Officer will also be responsible to follow media and draft text and reports on various current issues in the Bangladeshi society. The position also includes some translation and interpretation into Bangla.
Main job responsibilities
- External communications for the Embassy though website, traditional and social media such as Facebook and Twitter
- Promoting Sweden through the organizing of relevant campaigns and events in Bangladesh
- Following media in Bangladesh
- Drafting analytical texts about trends or current issues in Bangladesh
- Develop promotional materials for events or for the Embassy
- Establishing and maintaining close cooperation with journalists
- Liaising with the Ministry for Foreign Affairs and Swedish Institute in Stockholm
- Providing communication support to all sections and staff at the Embassy
- Translating and interpreting Bangla-English-Bangla
Professional and personal qualifications
- Master’s degree in journalism/ communication/ PR
- A minimum of five years’ experience of working with external communication and/or journalism
- Excellent command in MS Office suits and web publishing tools
- Excellent knowledge and experience in creating content for and managing various social media channels
- Experienced in managing events and projects including budget management
- Strong analytical and report writing competency and capacity
- Excellent written and spoken English and Bengali
- Knowledge of and interest in web design and publishing, graphic design and photography
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Oriented towards efficiency, results, open-minded and a good team player
- Carry out responsibilities proactively and independently
- Capacity to meet deadlines with a high level of quality and accuracy
- Preferred: personal networks in development, journalism, activism platforms in Bangladesh
- An exciting international work environment
- Great opportunities to develop skills and competencies in the areas of communication and promotion
- 5 hour work week and other benefits as per Embassy policy
- Competitive remuneration package based on qualification and performance
- Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter (not more than 400 words), a CV and at least three professional references from former managers by 23rd August 2018.
- Please mark the subject line with “Communication Officer”.
Receipt of application will not be acknowledged. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.